1941 Willys Coupe Pro Street - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 04:31 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1941 Willys Coupe Pro Street

New to this forum and I am sensitive to stepping on toes. Contemplating buying a Willys Pro Street kit and I would like to know any experiences relative to Outlaw and Fast Time Rod packages.

Thx in advance for your advice.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 05:11 PM

Marv are you from western Kentucky.If so call Jerry at A+.I personally like the Out Law. A little heavier built. But more expensive
The Following User Says Thank You to 46streetrod For This Useful Post:
Marvmattwilly (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,083 Times in 966 Posts
This guy is a member here. Home Though I have never seen one in person, it looks like a good product and the guy seems nice enough.

Brian
Old 03-22-2013, 05:20 PM

I live in Bowie Maryland just east of Washington, D.C. And west off Annapolis Maryland
Old 03-22-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
This guy is a member here. Home Though I have never seen one in person, it looks like a good product and the guy seems nice enough.

Brian
Brian, the link did not work. Please repost.

Thx
Marv
Old 03-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,083 Times in 966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvmattwilly View Post
Brian, the link did not work. Please repost.

Thx
Marv
It works for me.

Here is the URLhttp://www.scottrods custom.com/index.html I put a gap between the scottrods and the custom so it wouldn't post as "Home". Try copy and pasting with the space removed? Or google Scotts rods and custom http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient...w=1332&bih=633

Brian
Old 03-22-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
It works for me.

Here is the URLhttp://www.scottrods custom.com/index.html I put a gap between the scottrods and the custom so it wouldn't post as "Home". Try copy and pasting with the space removed? Or google Scotts rods and custom Google

Brian
Brian,
Thx for the repost, I accessed the website
Old 03-22-2013, 07:59 PM

Last photo:

First,welcome! I'm kinda new here to...Outlaw has been around for a long time,I've had 3 '41 Willys,my son hauled some for Outlaw,and I've been there a few times,Great bodies,when they first came out,(in the 80s I think) alot of guys didn't even paint them,they were so nice.I highly recomend them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Actionjk For This Useful Post:
Marvmattwilly (03-22-2013)
Old 03-23-2013, 10:33 PM
bentwings

Last photo:

I have an A&C Antique and Collectable "plastic " Willys. They have an excellent body and very good customer service. Call them and ask for Sonny.

I bought a bare prostreet frame and body from them and built the entire car from there myself.

Blown sbc. You can see me driving in the rain above.

It's very specific a streetrod capable of 3 season driving and I have actually driven it in the winter. Not recommended however as the salt stuff is very hard to wash off. The big Hoosiers are excellent inthe rain by very poor in the snow.

I would strongly recommend you start an Excel spreadsheet and plan out known purchases. Select where you are going to purchase parts, select suppliers, prices, comments on service. I would not recommend buying much at swap meets unless you can get very good documentation.

At the very start go to the DMV and get familar with you states title laws. Talk to others who have titled in your state.

Above all keep receipts for everything. Get full names, addresses, description of the parts, any casting and part number enscribed on the item. especially the motor, trans, rear end, if you use a doner car be sure you have a title to it so you can use this info in the title process. If you don't have good documentation the DMV can simply stop your title. Do plan on being nice to some people who do not deserve to be nice to. Remember they have the "big stick". haha

Plan on some serious expense when the tilte time comes. You may have to come up with state taxes on the parts you bought out of state or anything you have not paid state taxes on. 7% of $40,000 in parts is $2800 you will need in cash at title time, for example. Many states have a 'bond rule" which means you have to post a 3 yr bond for a value that the state assigns to you car. These cost About $65 pre $1000 +/- some. Usually these are assesed at 1 1/2 times the value of the car. So when time comes for this don't ever brag about how much your car costs.

I could write a thick book on what I went thru to get a state title on my car but in the end it was worth it. I can jump in the car and go for a ride when ever I feel like it with no restriction (parades and shows only or other nonsense).

I cruise several times a week with over 150 guys and we go a couple hundred miles a day all summer long and it is really a good time riding the back roads.

One last thing don't ever get caught doing a burn out or other exihbishtionistic driving on the street with a streetrod. You will probably lose it for good.

There are a couple other Willys guys here so we can help you a little. Come to Back to the 50's in Minnesota. There are usually about 20-30 of us freaks there.

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to bentwings For This Useful Post:
Marvmattwilly (03-24-2013)

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.