1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton on S10 Chasis - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 08:34 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton on S10 Chasis

I have found a ton of information on this forum however there are a couple of question I cannot find the answers to. I have a 1946 Chevy 1/2 ton truck that I have placed on a 1991 S10 single cab long box chasis with the help of a chasis conversion kit i bought, made it pretty easy. I am placing a 350 that has around 400 HP in it and I will be placing a TH400 transmission in it as well. I am not sure what rear end I am putting in it yet but it will not be the stock S10. I plan on having this truck for another 30 years before I pass it on to my son so I would like to do it right the first time. I have listed my questions below.

1. From what I have read the coil springs are not really strong enough and I have found them on line but how do I know what strength of spring I need?

2. I have also read that I will need to change out the rear leaf springs because they cannot handle the torque but I have not seen anything indicating what to replace them with.

3. What else would be recommended to change out in the front end for the increased weight and horsepower?

4. I know I need to replace all the bushings in the front end and I was wondering if there is a certain brand that you would recommend? i would like to find a kit for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 12:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

springs

call your local suspension shop. Building mine they hooked me up with awesome information and a whole lot better pricing then catalogs prices. They asked what engine horse power drive train tire sizes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.