Hot Rod Forum banner

1947 Dodge Deluxe D24 Series, Project

8K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  charleydodge 
#1 ·
Here is the ins and outs of my 47 Dodge. A little bit of background on it first. I got this car from a friend. I didnt pay anything for it. I fell in love with it when i saw it even though I knew it was a lot of work. I am new to building. I want to get my hands dirty and work in building this but I know I will need help with it as I am not very experienced.

The engine that is in it I was told is a 350. When it got dropped in the owner that dropped the engine in cut out the firewall. I am attaching all the ins and outs of my dodge. all the stuff that came inside too lol. enjoy the pictures. and i look forward to comments and feedback on it. i would also like tech advice on the engine situation but ill have post in the tech section for that.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
From the pictures, it looks like you've got close to a foot of room in front to move the engine forward. You need to find an experienced welder to do that job. The transmission will have to be moved also as will the transmission crossmember. Make a list of what needs to be done and start working your way to the bottom. Good luck Dodgeman. Keep us posted.

#6 ·
There is a lot of room to move the engine forward. The one mechanic I had look at it said that if the engine is going to be moved forward that the steering column would be in the way. I think you are right on making a list of what needs to be done and work my way down. Only problem is Im not sure what all needs to be done besides the obvious.

#12 ·
sure, i think the huggers might work, but i need them to go into the wheel wells to hook up to the side pipes. the steering box mounts to the inside of the frame rails, really close to the head . not a lot of room. old style 4 into 1 out the back might work, but i haven't found them yet .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.