1947 Hudson/ 1957 GMC/ minor metal work video - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 01:54 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

1947 Hudson/ 1957 GMC/ minor metal work video

just put up another video. Just some updates.

http://youtu.be/Ye0UG9o6LBw

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 02:18 PM

Awsome video...you do awesome work.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:33 PM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

thanks. I'm still a rook with about 6 years under my belt but am learning and am always open to newer and better ways. The real struggle is that when you figure out that trying to be the best you can be entails longer metal work time and you have a boss that's always trying to cut corners the positive side is that you can use that as a way to better yourself to be more efficient. An example is with the shrinking disk. I'd like to use it more but time doesn't allow so I only use it where it's absolutely needed, and by doing that I'm still cutting time off cause if I don't shrink those areas where it's absolutely needed than I create more bodywork. Then there's those times where the boss just doesn't want to give me time at all and unfortunately that's when the pic hammer comes out. ahhaha
Old 04-23-2011, 02:40 PM

Well,you know way more than me...I need to learn to weld and do metal work so I can fix my 68 Dodge Charger And my 77 Dodge Power wagon.I think i'll use the truck as the vehicle to learn on...lol
Old 04-23-2011, 02:59 PM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

that's a great idea. The Mustang I'm currently restoring is like my practice project too. Unfortunately my best welding work was on other people's cars and the learning curve was on my own car, but that's ok. It's like a stepping stone restoration and only has an inline 6. Will probably sell for a split bumper camaro project at a later time. Charger's are awesome. Wish I had one of those.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:06 PM

I'm all mopar....I bought that 68 charger for $300 back in 92.Well,did some trading.traded my 69 coronet 440 for 82 Tbird and traded the tbird for the charger.I only payed $300 for the coronet so I got the charger really cheap....He was asking $1000 for it.But to own a 68 charger when your 17 was just awesome for me cuz it is my dream car minus being a R/T Hemi 4 speed but its close enough for me.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.