Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1947 pickup- 85 ranger frame long box.
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 08:25 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

1947 pickup- 85 ranger frame long box.

hey fellow rodders, so im fairly new to the rodding game, ive built afew 4x4s one street truck, and a few bikes over the yrs and have decided to finaly start assembling/choping and Rodding out my 1947 ford pickup. due to the lack of aftermartek metal body parts avaible, ill be building this one fenderless with an almost RAT ROD look but with paint and clean body work. with the 85 ranger frame a 114" wheel base, should be a good fit im aware of how ugly the front suspension is. i plan on rebuilding the upper spring mounts as a almost baja style hoop, please note that the front rad support will be intergrated in to the upper spring mounts for add support. An ill probly end up fabing my own trailing arms? might not have that rite, but the ugly *** arms that conect the I-beams to the frame at the back side of the i beams. but any ways im thinking of making them longer and cleaner. is this going to throw my front suspension out of whack? my thoughs are that it will change some of the goemetry a little bit but if made correctly, and keeping the I-Beams located in the proper place should still handle like the ranger any thoughts?