Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1947 pickup- 85 ranger frame long box.
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 02:41 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony@roadstershop View Post
In my opinion a twin I beam is best suited on the down side of an anchor chain. Its just not that good of a design. Take the one ton chassis, shorten to fit your shortbox, get a good design replacment aftermarket crossmember, put a four link in the back and call it a day

Thanks for advice guys, i know alot you dont like the twin ibeam i dont have any issues with it, ive ran them for yrs n between the twin ibeam and the s10, i would take the the twin ibeam hands down for the ablitly to take a **** kickin and only require minor repairs, but when it comes to keeping things simple i dont see the s10 frame to any advantage over the ranger frame , looks aside, other than the 7ft box reg cab ranger frame has almost the identical wheel base (114") to the 1947 half ton which i looked up and found to be stated at 114". but tony makes a good point of the 1 ton frame and cut it to fit. unfortantly im working still , just over 38 days now, and havent had a chance to really get into any thing. but as for what 1971BB427 was saying about the s10 frame from what i have found its almost as much work as fabing your own frame as to convert the s10 frame and a 1947 cab and box to fit properly on the s10 frame, that being said i do want to keep this truck a all ford parts for the most part. Im one of those guys who sees a beauty ford that has been, in my opinion only, massacured to fit a Gm frame and then put a Gm heart in it. everyone says its easyeir for the gm small block conversion and the s10 frame is easeir to use. i beg to differ the parts aren't as readily availbe which makes it a bit harder, but other than that you have to change out very simular parts to work a gm in as to work a ford in. and lets be honest guys if we were looking for easy we would just find one some one has done an buy it!