Hot Rod Forum banner

1948 plymouth inline flathead 6 cyl info needed

14K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  2much2do 
#1 ·
Hello! i am new here and very excited. i just aquired my first hot rod project. i am looking for info on the motor i described in the topic. i just bought a 48 ply. spec. del. with that motor and i know nothing about them. i was hoping to find out cbic inches, rough horse power and where i can buy parts for it.

The car is all original and still has a 6 volt system. so im planning on goin through that to make sure everything is in working order. any and all info u guys could help me with would be awesome.

ive done some searching and i havent found much of anything yet. THANKS!

Joe

#3 ·
1948 Ply- 217.8 cubic in- 3 1/4 x 4 3/8 bore & stroke- 6.6 compression- 95hp@3600rpm- torque 172@1200rpm- oil pressure 40@20mph- tuneup specs- plug gap .025 - point gap .020 - firing order 1
53624- and the battery is POSITIVE ground.
Check Hemmings for parts. Hope this helps, if you need any more info let me know.
Jack :D

#8 ·
Glad to see anyone get a new hotrod project.Those old mopars are easy to work on but performance parts can be tough to come by. Check out Thejalopyjuornal.com, go to the H.A.M.B.,register and you'll find folks with experiance dealing with your Plymouth. It is a traditional hot rodding board, no muscle cars or ricers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.