Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1949 Chevrolet (HELP for BRAKES)
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,029 Posts
Randy, unless you are going to start a blog where it's only your opinion and people can just go there looking for your opinon. There are going to be differing opinions.

On a forum such as this, we all give our opinions and then the person asking chooses which to use. Personally, I have never in my life heard of anyone who ever had a single reservoir brake system have a hose blow or something like that and where they couldn't stop. I am 53 years old and have driven these cars and knew people who drove them, rode in my parents cars, and so forth that had single reservoir masters. I have never, EVER known anyone to have a failure.

So for me to spend a bunch of money changing it, I am just not going to do it. And I don't think it's that big of a deal.

That is MY opinion, and I gave it.

Your opinion is also very valuable and correct, safety is a big issue and to spend the time and money to change it may be a great decision for you and many, many other people. That is why this forum is so valuable, the poster can get a bunch of different opinions and hopefully a little explaination of these opinions so he can make an decision which is best for him.

Brian