Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1950 Chev Truck - What Frame, Suspension, and all to use?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Randy, when was the last time you drove a lowered rebuilt truck? I am not kidding, I was blown away at how well my co-workers truck drove. My own truck with the stock suspension I had was crap, I had butchered it by removing leaves to lower it and that sort of thing, I am sure thinking back that the shocks were shot too. But that truck of my co-workers, honestly that is when I decided to sell the frame I had put the Camaro clip on and buy a "new" original frame. It was that drive, that is all I needed.

Brian
Well Brian... I have to say ..I say nothing was ever done to a Original suspension that ever made me think of ever doing it.. I do know you can make it ride a little better,, But no where close to a Mustang II or a clip... When I did mine I think 20 years ago.. It drove like nothing I can explain... The truck didn't lean over when you made a turn,, It was bad a**... I will never own a Original one.... NEVER !!! All he has to do before he cut's anything is ride in one that was done and one that wasn't... I can already tell you which one he will pick... I'm not as old as you Brian.. But I have been doing this for a long time now.. And I can say... YOU are the only one I ever ran across that has something to say bad about them... I'm with you 100% on a frame swap.. But not on the Mustang II or the ''RIGHT'' clip.. That's all..

When I hear someone say they don't like the ride they got from their clip job... It only makes me think something was done wrong when it was installed.. I never heard anyone ever say I wish I would have never done that to my truck... Never... Just you Brian..

By all means I'm not trying to call you out Brain.. Just trying to figure you out.. That's all..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 11-26-2011 at 02:26 PM.