Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1950 Chev Truck - What Frame, Suspension, and all to use?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I hear ya !!!

This is where I think you went wrong..''I did a frame clip personally that I never drove''

If you would have drove it,,you would have never turned back..

I know what you mean about someone messing their frame up.. I seen ONE done wrong... The clip came out nice.. But it was set wrong..

I guess the thing I see(or know) is it's steel,, You can't mess up steel if you know how to weld... Wood !!! Now that's a whole different story... But steel you can't... It's always fixable... Now I will push someone more to installing a Mustang II before doing a clip.. If money isn't a problem.... If money is... I will get them to do a clip...

On a 1950 truck.. I would not use the camaro.. Yes it's a little wide if you want to drop it low.. The Nova is a little better.. But the Monte Carlo,Regal, Cutlass, or the best to use.. If you ask me..Only 58'' Hub to hub..

I want to put a Mustang II in my coupe... But my money keeps telling me different,,, So It's looking like a clip is gone in it so far.. I wish I could do the Mustang II..But right now I can't.....

What I like the most about doing the clip... I can set the ride height where I want it... By zeeing the frame as much as I want...So Again,, It's up to him What he want's in the end..