Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1950 Chev Truck - What Frame, Suspension, and all to use?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Now I see no reason to build a new frame, unless again, what are the expectations? If ones expectations is a show car with mirrors under it, new frame time. But other than that modifying the stock frame which is essentially a pair of 2x5 rectangular "tubing" rails with a few crossmembers. Of course it's 2x5 channel but it works the same, unless of course you are adding a LOT of power and sticky tires. But for your average hot V8 that thick 2x5 channel is plenty.

Brian
The reason I Like a new frame is.. For one everyone usually want's to box their frame,,
Well !!!
if your going to go through the trouble to do that... Just use tubing,,
Much easier,
and if your also wanting to add a Mustang II,, Much easier,
Then... If you want it to sit low.. You can zee the frame rails while your at it..

So by doing a new frame you can get a lot of good things from doing it new... Back to it's all in what you want from it.. The list can go on and on..

If your looking to put a nice motor and like the look of a box frame... The truck frame is so easy to just use tubing to do the frame,, Straight runs.. Very easy to do... If your not looking to Zee the frame any..