Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1950 chevy truck Frame Swap
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,332 Times in 1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoBrunson View Post
Thanks for the info Brian, I am brand new at this so, all info is very helpful. What parts would you reccomomend (for a limited budget) to get things off the ground for this project? I think to modify my existing frame I will need the mustang II front end.. I Have a ford 9 inch that will need to be gone through... I have all the body parts and they are in good shape just need to bang out some dents.... was told that this frame (which is already lowered with disc brakes, air bags, would be easier and cheaper than buying a new mustang II front end and re-gearing the 9" that I have... Like I said, any info for me to make this a summer time cruiser (that will last) is helpful... I am trying to get the entire truck finished by May 2013 as you know, and need to get in the right direction ASAP...

Thanks for the help
Upgrading these trucks is so darn easy it isn't funny! Changing frames, that is a HUGE ordeal. Sell off what you have and start looking for the best Mustang II set up.

Brian