Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1950 chevy truck/S10 chassis swap
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 08:38 AM
Suburbanite Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I've done it and am willing to offer any advice I can. Pasedenahotrod and Centerline are right about it being a lot of work. I generally disagree with the "can't do" attitude that occasionally pops up on the Stovebolt site. On the other hand, the swap is a lot of work and there are easier alternatives out there.

Track width problems can be solved with a set of aftermarket rims. Depending on which S-10 model donated the frame, the worst you might have to do is cut 6" off the front and rear. The kickup is a real booger, though.

I see this question getting asked a lot, so I put up a web page <a href="http://www.commerce.usask.ca/staff/hipkin/burb/frameswaptech.html" target="_blank">here</a> instead of writing the same thing over and over. I'm far from being an expert, this is just what I learned on my particular project. If you want more info, drop me a line.

As for your question about locating the right place for the body, I would recommend mocking it up on the new chassis. Centering it side-to-side should be easy with a tape measure, so just use your wheel well openings to decide where you want it to sit front-to-back. You get to decide where it looks best to you at this point.