Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1950's Chevy wheel stud pattern and size?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 07:37 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

6 holes

6 hole wheels were used on some jeeps , I don't know what years, and on some foreign mini trucks, there can be problems with the center hole and wheel to brake drum fit when switching wheels . Ok to move around but you must check carefully when using the Wrong wheels on the highway. I have moved cars and parts on a heavy 4 wheel flat cart, like the home depo-Lowes stores use. I bought mine when a cabinet shop closed down, they have larger wheels than the store ones. they were used in the shop to move large stacks of plywood from the shipping dock into the factory. I haven't tried it but I was told when I had a 56 Chevy Cameo pickup that the passenger car rear axles,and drums were an easy swap, and there were a lot more options with 5 bolt wheels. There are forums just for old chevy trucks. My step son has a 46 truck and said he wished he had got the 50's style , a lot more parts available .