Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1950's Chevy wheel stud pattern and size?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 07:55 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
Hi all

Quick intro, I'm a Brit who has moved to Calgary, Canada. This has allowed me to try my hand at modding old skool North American cars or in this case, a truck!

So, after spending a long time looking round, I have committed myself to buying a 1950 Chevy truck. I went to look at it last night and I was very impressed at how well it has held up!
Not a lot of rust at all and very solid everywhere! SO that's a bonus

Anyhow, hopefully I'll be keeping you up to date with pictures and text when I finally get it and that brings me to my first question!

The wheels/tires that come with the truck are pretty much shot and only one holds air, so, can you knowledgeable forum participants tell me what size wheels I would need to buy/borrow just so I can get it on a trailer and then into a garage?

I believe they are 6 stud but I don't know what else uses the same size??

Many thanks for your time.

Dazzle
Ayuh,.... Chevy used that same 6 hole pattern for years, 'n Years...

In the early days, they were 16", then in the '60s, they went to 15" wheels, same bolt pattern....
Then in the '90s, or maybe the '00s, they went back to 16" wheels, 'n the Same bolt pattern...

as noted, Jeep used that bolt pattern, 'n the Jap trucks use a pattern that is close, but Metric in nature...