Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1951 disc brake conversion

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bigredmays 
#1 ·
I have a 51 ford f3 truck.Iam trying to convert to front disc without paying a ton of money for a kit. The inner bearing is a Timken bearing PN14130 outer is 09067.
Please can some one guide me in the right direction as far as figuring out which rotor will fit these bearings. I am using the original spindle also.

Thanks Bill
bigredmays@yahoo.com

#2 ·
later spindles

I saw a post on the hamb from a guy in texas. . He used later model discs and spindles.. He drilled then reames the old axle to fit the new kingpin. shops that do big truck alignments have the tools to bend the axle for alignment if required. I put olds spindles on a T bucket tube axle made for early ford. I pressed bushings in the spindles and reamed them to fit the ford pins. I have some 70's ford pickup discs I plan on using for a rat truck project . should be a lot cheaper than buying a kit.

#3 ·
51 ford spindles ??????

Hello everybody!
My question is this, I have a 51 ford truck F3 3/4 ton. Are my spindles the same as a 1/2 ton. Iam still tryng to find a disk brake conversion set upfor my truck. I already talk to the folks at speedway motors. They say that they havent tried any kits for a F3. Also been to 3 different auto part stores. I have been trying to match up my current bearings with a newer rotor. Can any body give me some suggestions here.LOL I dont want a MII set up. I am trying to keep it as simple as i can get.
Thanks Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.