1952 chevy 2 dr bel air deluxe project - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 11:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1952 chevy 2 dr bel air deluxe project

Hi everyone! My hotrodding experience is somewhat limited. My experience consists of my first car being a 1942 chevy coupe which I traded for a 1959 cadillac, which between my parents and I completly restored. Since then I have done a 1967 riviera, a 1971 chevelle,a 1989 s10 longbed, 1978 firebird and I just completed a 1989 chevy cavalier z24 and a 1990 bmw 323, all of which consisted of minor body and engine work as well as painting and customizing them. I just inherited a 1952 chevy 2 dr bel air deluxe, which is 95% straight body wise with the engine and interior pretty much toast. So far I've got the hood and both front fenders done and primered. I've never got this extensive with a project as I'd like to chop it, replace the grill with something else that would fit and look unique and make the door handles "flush"( not sure thats the right description). I simply dont have the experience with these issues and in my community, no one wants to help me out without wanting to charge me an arm and a leg. I just need advice and a little help with questions I may have. For example what size v8 motor is best suitable to place in this size car as well as figuring out about the driveshaft and rear axels( I'd like to put some wide tires on the rear but have them inside the fenders down low and dont know the technicalities of this. Any help would be appreciated. I wont be keeping any of the trim and would be willing to give them to someone for a little help. Thanks in advance to anyone who would be gracious enough to help.kip

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2006, 06:31 AM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Welcome to Hotrodders Kip. This is the Introduction forum........so what you need to do is ask your questions in the proper forums....for example, engine questions in the Engine forum and transmission questions in the Transmission forum etc. That way the folks with the answers will see them.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Welcome to the site kipper. Looks like you are not afraid of work. This will be a great project for you. You have come to the right place for info. Before you start anything major on that custom do your research and I guess that is why you are here.

To get the most out of the site check out the Knowledge Base; there is a tremendous amount of info and links there. Use the search function for quick answers to your questions. As well check out the Project Journals for info and inspiration.

A good place to get some general ideas to your initial concerns would be in the Hotrodding Basics forum.

Just remember that when things start to look overwhelming that it is just a whole bunch of small projects. Glad to have you here and enjoy the site.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.