Hot Rod Forum banner

1952 Chevy Styleline Parts Compatability?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  matt167 
#1 ·
I'm hoping someone has one of those big parts compatibility books that the junk yards used to have. I have a 52 Chevy Styleline 2 door and am looking for bumpers. I don't care that much for the original bumpers and am hoping something else is compatible with with the stock brackets or with minor modifications of the brackets. Will similar year truck bumpers fit? I'm planning on painting the bumpers the same color as the car (flat black) so painted or chrome doesn't really matter (I can have a chrome one dechromed before painting).
I really don't want to drive the car around too much with no bumpers and a piece of pipe duct taped to the brackets is probably not the best long term idea.
Thanks,
Klif50

#2 ·
not much beyond the Chevy bumpers from '51/'52 will fit.. '49-'50 might also bolt up, but I know that '51/'52 are the same car except grill teeth on the '52 and diffrent trim..... a set of factory assessory curb feelers might give the look you want, but if your going to paint the bumpers, it's kind of a waste of rare parts ( there expensive too ).... the small body Oldsmobile from '49-'50 might fit, as well as the Pontiac of the same size as there the same body structure as the Chevy.. however, frames are diffrent, so it might require custom mounting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.