Hot Rod Forum banner

1952 chevy truck with a 454

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dinger 
#1 ·
Hi I have a question. I have a 1952 chevy truck with a 454 and a 4" set back firewall and a mustang 2 IFS kit. I am having a problem i dont know what headers to use cuz of where the steering shaft is going to be. My steering column is going to come right out where my head is so im not sure what to do. If anyone could help i would appreciate it alot because in not sure what to do and i dont want to do something and make it harder than it is.

#2 ·
You are probably going to have to change the location or /and drop of the column. Try a trial fitting of a column with a sawed off broomstick, sitting at where you will be with the seat installed (if the seat is installed at this point, no problem). On the floor board, mark a spot or spots with a magic marker where you column would have clearance. put the end of the broomstick on the spot, then adjust the drop from the dash if needed. More than likely you will need some swivel joints and possibly a Heim to make your connections. Here is a good article from our Knowledge base, right here at good ole Hotrodders.com.

here

This has been done hundreds of times on pick ups like yours, don't be intimidated. Good luck, Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.