Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1952 F-7 ford
Thread: 1952 F-7 ford
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:23 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

When I purchased truck it was in pieces, parts in boxes and sheet metal just hanging on by a thread. It had no bed on it, had a water tank on it I was told. I purchased a 68 F-350 just to get its 8 foot steel bed and tool boxes ect, I added another 4 feet to the bed.

I did not know it at the time but after getting that 68 home I realized that the engine had just been gone thru, I knew it looked good when I purchased the truck but when I found the receipts within the truck I was shocked.

I can only guess why the previous owner of that 68 spent so much money on that truck and then gave it up. I purchased that 68 for 1200 maybe, I know no more than 1500. Purchased it from a local used car dealer. The bed alone was worth that too me at the time.

Anyway the engine that was in that truck turned out to be a 70 351 W and that is what is in the 52 now. Still working on wiring and all of the many oddball items. Still need to do the brakes.

Unfortunately the wheel cylinders are no longer avail unless I want to pay a ridiculous price to certain guys that scooped up all that was avail at one time just so they could gouge future generations. I could send the originals out to be re-sleeved and that is 90 bucks a piece, there are 4 of them in the rear and two in the front. Coincidentally the NOS ones I mentioned are the same 90 dollars.

Also have to have the driveshafts cut and re-balanced again since I am now working with the 4 speed. As I mentioned the 302 still had its transfer case and it was an automatic so the shafts were much shorter for its set-up. The 302 was destined to crumble, truck is just too heavy. I am hoping this 351 will be able to hold up. Im not building a hot rod and will leave the 2 barrel on it, the guy that rebuilt the engine must have had a slightly bigger cam installed and I would like to put a gear drive it just cause I like that sound but again I am not expecting nor wanting any sort of performance from the truck.

Anyway as mentioned can post some up-dated pict. if you guys are interested.