Hot Rod Forum banner

1952 Ford F-6 question

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  whatwouldscoobydo 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone makes a suspension lift for a 1952 F-6. I got it for free from my uncle and I want to lift it and get some bigger wheels and tires. Im also thinking of a diesel swap and automatic tranny. I also want to change out the old axles and put in a D-70 rear and soild beam front axle. :drunk:

#2 ·
Highly unlikely any one makes a lift kit for that..you are on your own there...52 F-6 to me was a heavy duty Ford truck and has the beam axle in front...Doing a diesel in one of those is doable..

Put up a Picture so we know better just what this truck is..

Sam

#3 ·
AFAIK...the F-6 was the big truck at the time. Unless the COEs were larger?

No lifts available. If you are swapping suspension, why worry about a factory type lift? You will have to fab parts to put the new suspension in and nothing factory made would fit then anyway.

The cab on the F-6 should be the same as the F-1. The fenders have a much larger opening. I am not sure about the hood, but I think it is the same as well.

There are not a lot of people into the big trucks. They are rather hard to find parts for (other than cab parts).

They are getting a little more popular now that the smaller ones are getting hard to find. Still parts are an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.