Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1953 Chevy Truck Vin Help
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 05:37 AM
DaveNTN

Last journal entry: The Dash is ready!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Homeseller,
I ran into the same problem with my 52. After I bought it I realized that there was not a VIN plate inside the driver door. I had to go through the courthouse county clerk where I license the truck. Not the DMV. They gave me a form to fill out stating the info they need. They sent me back a request for a notorized statement that the VIN plate was missing and a couple months later I received a new VIN plate. I think every state is different so I would go down to the court house where you get your tags and ask them what the procedure is for replacing a missing VIN plate. Here in TN you can't just buy one and put your numbers on it and stick it on. It has to be issued by the state. It took about 5 months to get mine. Wasn't hard, just took awhile to get. My tag got lost during restoration. Fell off somewhere along the path. It probably didn't have one on it for years. Our DMV didn't have anything to do with it here in TN. Went through the courthouse where I get my registration and tags.
Dave