Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1955 truck 6 cylinder front engine mount bolts
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialty motor cars View Post
I'm restoring a '55 Cameo for my friend Robby, his brother did the disassembly years ago, and we can't find the original front mount bolts, I understand they are a different length than the V-8's. Does *********** someone have dimensions and a picture so I can make replacements on my lathe? I really don't want threaded rod with ny-lock nuts here. thanks in advance karl ************* cell
Not sure but you could try to buy them as nos but i dont think they will be easy to find. Do you have a can of cylinder head bolts laying around? I bet one of them will be close. You can also try to weld nuts inside the mount and use two factory style bolts. Even on a clean restore it would be hard to spot. Make sure they are not going anywhere but should work if closed style mount. Open mounts you will be stuck finding the correct bolts or making somthing work.

Longest shoulders on most bolts are the mounts and head bolts. Can you maesure how long they would need to be. Some of the guys on the sight have lots of knowledge on parts and chevy tries to reuse every nut and bolt over and over again so they may just be a standard bolt.

Last edited by 68NovaSS; 12-27-2012 at 03:32 PM.