Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Engine (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/engine/)
-   -   1955 truck 6 cylinder front engine mount bolts (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/1955-truck-6-cylinder-front-engine-mount-bolts-227623.html)

specialty motor cars 12-27-2012 07:02 AM

1955 truck 6 cylinder front engine mount bolts

I'm restoring a '55 Cameo for my friend Robby, his brother did the disassembly years ago, and we can't find the original front mount bolts, I understand they are a different length than the V-8's. Does *********** someone have dimensions and a picture so I can make replacements on my lathe? I really don't want threaded rod with ny-lock nuts here. thanks in advance karl********************cell

hcompton 12-27-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialty motor cars (Post 1627504)
I'm restoring a '55 Cameo for my friend Robby, his brother did the disassembly years ago, and we can't find the original front mount bolts, I understand they are a different length than the V-8's. Does *********** someone have dimensions and a picture so I can make replacements on my lathe? I really don't want threaded rod with ny-lock nuts here. thanks in advance karl ************* cell

Not sure but you could try to buy them as nos but i dont think they will be easy to find. Do you have a can of cylinder head bolts laying around? I bet one of them will be close. You can also try to weld nuts inside the mount and use two factory style bolts. Even on a clean restore it would be hard to spot. Make sure they are not going anywhere but should work if closed style mount. Open mounts you will be stuck finding the correct bolts or making somthing work.

Longest shoulders on most bolts are the mounts and head bolts. Can you maesure how long they would need to be. Some of the guys on the sight have lots of knowledge on parts and chevy tries to reuse every nut and bolt over and over again so they may just be a standard bolt.

specialty motor cars 12-27-2012 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this would be the bolt I need goes between the rubber bushings on both side of the engineAttachment 70129

hcompton 12-27-2012 07:15 PM

This is for most chevy cars in 55 they have the same part listed for both engines.

Chevy Engine Front Mounting Kit, 6-Cylinder & V8, 1955-1957 - Eckler's Classic Chevy Parts

I am not familar with the cameo maybe i am just having a brain fart right now been a long day.

Hope this helps.

hcompton 12-27-2012 07:21 PM

Here this looks right if the reproduce the mount they will usally sell a bolt kit. The price stinks sorry first one in google. All else fails lookup the company that makes it and ask for replacement bolts Sometimes works.

Truck Chevy Truck Engine Mount, Front, Small Block, 1955-1959 - Eckler's Truck Parts