1957 Oldsmobile Booster/Master cyl upgrade kit for discs, almost complete! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2011, 04:01 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

1957 Oldsmobile Booster/Master cyl upgrade kit for discs, almost complete!

After trying for months to find a simple kit to upgrade my brothers 57 Oldsmobile 88 from drums to discs, I found very little. That is unless you want to remove the front end of the car and modify the firewall, not really a kit!! I did manage to find one kit from Australia but found it to be a bit overpriced for what it was. So decided to attack the job myself and are very near completion, yay My KIT will bolt in with a small amount of modification to the brake pedal and a couple of extra holes in the firewall around the pedal area. Pedal ratio should work out about 6/1 and a 7" double diaghram booster is used with what ever master cyl you decide to use with it. I have used a Willwood 1" bore master cyl with remote reserviors.
It seems a bit pointless to go through all this work for just the one car, so I would be keen in making some copies of the conversion I have done if anybody else out there would be interested in purchasing one from me.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2014, 08:40 PM

Olds Super 88 Dual Master Cylinder

Hi,

Do you have any pictures of how you did the installation. I also have an Olds Super 88 and want to upgrade to a dual master cylinder. And as you know space is tight. So if you have solved the problem, I would be interested in it and purchasing the info if at a reasonable price.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2014, 09:31 PM
Banned

Last photo:

welcome to the site! this post is about 4 years old. start you own thread and someone can help!

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.