1962 chevyll? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011, 01:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

1962 chevyll?

my wifes uncle gave our 18month old son a 62' chevyll, the body is straight, just has rust but not all the wat through, all the chrome trim and grill all in good shape, even has a full frame, needs front floor pans, the trunk pan is solid, what do i do, my wife see's it as a money pit, id like to fix it up for my son so when turns 16 he can drive it to shows and cruise n's, im stuck?? thanx guys!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastz
my wifes uncle gave our 18month old son a 62' chevyll, the body is straight, just has rust but not all the wat through, all the chrome trim and grill all in good shape, even has a full frame, needs front floor pans, the trunk pan is solid, what do i do, my wife see's it as a money pit, id like to fix it up for my son so when turns 16 he can drive it to shows and cruise n's, im stuck?? thanx guys!
Well she needs to understand the baby is only 18 mos old. So you have plenty of time to work on it as you can sure you wil probably have a wad in it when your done but when you do it over a period of time, Especially like your talking about it just don't seem to hurt as bad IMHO. Do you have a place to keep it while you are doing this slow restore and trying to keep everyone else around you happy at the same time ? Oh and is it a 2-door or 4-door not that it really matters just wondering.
So with all this said if it were me and i had a place t keep it i would and slowly work on it as money allows. JMO

Cole
Old 02-27-2011, 02:09 PM
More for Less Racer

If you have a place to store it for when he gets a little older, I'd hang on to it, just set it aside and don't start to do anything on it until he expresses interest in it. You just don't find things that old as easy anymore, and it will be even harder 15 years from now.

If you start working on it now chances are it turns into a project that is never finished, don't start until he is old enough to want to help and good financial means are there. 12-15 years old. Mainly just collect usable parts right now, and for the next 5-10 years, and set them all aside.

Just some friendly advice, seen the stalled "good intentions" project sold or junked many times

I'm curious, you said it has a full frame under it. What do you mean?? These cars were completely unibody, no frame at all. Has someone built a tube frame?? Or cobbed it onto the frame from some other car??
Old 02-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnova72
If you have a place to store it for when he gets a little older, I'd hang on to it, just set it aside and don't start to do anything on it until he expresses interest in it. You just don't find things that old as easy anymore, and it will be even harder 15 years from now.

If you start working on it now chances are it turns into a project that is never finished, don't start until he is old enough to want to help and good financial means are there. 12-15 years old. Mainly just collect usable parts right now, and for the next 5-10 years, and set them all aside.

Just some friendly advice, seen the stalled "good intentions" project sold or junked many times

I'm curious, you said it has a full frame under it. What do you mean?? These cars were completely unibody, no frame at all. Has someone built a tube frame?? Or cobbed it onto the frame from some other car??
True Eric he would be better off storing it till it's time or it might just end up sitting tore apart for years. I was wondering about the frame also what gives there ? But when i actually started to work on it would depend on if i was doing it for my son or for myself to enjoy till he got it. JMO

Cole
Old 02-27-2011, 02:27 PM

Last photo:

its a 2 door post, i think someone built a square tube frame for it, back in the day idk, its sitting at my wifes uncles shop, what hap he bought 2 of them and gave one to my son.. id like to make it a good hotrod??
Old 02-27-2011, 02:37 PM
More for Less Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastz
its a 2 door post, i think someone built a square tube frame for it, back in the day idk, its sitting at my wifes uncles shop, what hap he bought 2 of them and gave one to my son.. id like to make it a good hotrod??
Sounds like it could be a good place to start from
Old 02-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:

Sounds cool. How bout some pictures?

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.