Hot Rod Forum banner

1962 f100

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  idrivejunk 
#1 ·
Im attempting to transplant a 4.6 engine and tranny from a 2006 CV Interceptor into a '62 F100. The truck has a front cradle from an '03 CV already installed. The engine is complete with computer, sensors, distribution block, and complete harness from the engine bay, all still appropriately connected. Anyone have advice or info on what to do from here? For instance, is it as simple as running power to the ECM?

#2 ·
Cool project. My son is working on doing the CV swap into a '62 unibody with a 351. I have a '63 Uni that I hope to get to soon.

As far as the engine swap, you might be missing some key components. I'm pretty sure the ecu will be looking for an anti theft signal from the key/steering column. You might get it to fire and then it will die because of the anti theft if that isn't hooked up. I believe you can get that programmed out. It may also be looking for some connections to the gauge cluster also, not sure. In any event, you almost need the complete chassis harness to make sure you have the pieces you need.

Everything you wanted to know about PATS. - Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations"®

no doubt this will come in handy:

2006 Ford Crown Victoria/Mercury Grand Marquis Wiring Diagram - Helm Incorporated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.