Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1962 Studebaker Lark
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Join a Studebaker club, from everything I have read they stick together helping each other, there's a ton of parts (someone bought Stude's cache when they closed) available, and that is one cool car.

Watch for rust on the top of the fenders.

If you want, p.m. me your address, I'll send you a Hemmings Collector Car mag I have that featured Larks, lots of info and history. It may take me a week or 2 but I will get it to you, that is one mag I don't give away to the neighbor kids and my filing system is non-existent.

When I was a kid in Mn., there was a guy that raced a 66 Lark on the dirt tracks, track champ many times, the car had a 402 in it that supposedly was available in Canada. Went like stink! Here's a link:Nesbitt

I agree with Brian, these cars were waaaay ahead of their time, they are cool right out of the box. How many SBC's or Ford motors can you look at before they all look the same? I did have a buddy back in the day that stuffed a sbc into a Lark, it went like stink also, but he ended up killing himself in the car, it just wasn't that safe, rolled it end over end twice.

Regardless of what you do, this is a cool car, have fun! Pics will be cool.