Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1964 Chevy II , 700r4 vs 200r4 with V8 ?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I had a 64 years ago, but don't remember much about the rear end. I put a 250 cu inch 6 cly motor in it, and used the 194 cu inch head to up the comprestion. I then put a 4-speed in it. If i remember, you have to use a different oil pan and oil pick up tube to get a v-8 into the early nova. So you may have a little work ahead of you. You will have to use a bigger radiator. There is a few other things that are going to have to be changed, but is the fun of the these toys. I know you can upgrade the spindles so you can have 5 lug bolt wheels and hubs. But if you go that far, replace the rear with lower gears and use an overdrive. I'm one who prefers the 200 4r to the 700. I had so much fun building mine, that i built a second one for the fun of it. I do recommend that you read alot of all the different articles you can find on the net. Then make up your mind. If you have a non chevrolet motor of GMs, you can only use the 200 4r because it will work on chevrolet and all bop motors, unless you spend more money for addaptor kits.