Hot Rod Forum banner

1964 ford station wagon

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  D351W 
#1 ·
It's my first post. I've done some original restorations and built formula cars but no conversions. I'm starting on a 1964 Ford station wagon, very low miles, 57k, nearly pefect, all original car. I'm thinking air suspension all around and disc brakes in front. It has a 390 and all the options. I would like to retain the original engine and pump it up to as close to 500 hp as possible. Modern auto transmission with overdrive. I'm planning on keeping the exterior pretty original but with new paint. The interior is quite good. Any help anyone can give me on the engine, transmission and suspension/brake conversion would be great. What other cars use the same suspension etc. Thanks, Ray Morgan, Denver colorado

#2 ·
i believe ford used the same front suspension set up from 65 to 77 or so of course back in the sixties it was drum brakes up front and in the 70's disc brakes were used,you could probably use the front suspension from a granada/monarch disc brakes,11"rotor good stopping power plus these cars are still available at the junkyards (at least in this side of the u.s) it should be a direct swap (im pretty sure you already know this...oh well)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.