Hot Rod Forum banner

1964 impala brake question

9K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  solo20 
#1 ·
can i reuse the old brake Distribution Blocks. its for front disc and drum
i got all my lines setup on a ccp master and booster prop comb valve . car was all drums befor i did this

one of the Distribution Blocks tees i put a plug in one of the holes but it still leaks does anybody make brake blocks with 2 holes i cant seem to find anybody who sell them online or autozone oreally or adavance auto dont sell nothing

#3 ·
yes i mean cpp only using the master with 9 booster with proportioning valve kit. the old master with booster is gone
iam useing the scarebird brake kit
here is a picture and i useing the old tee. one line goes to the brake caliper then to a tee with a port block by a flare plug that is leaking i tried 2 different tee with the plug and it still leaks and on the 3 hole a line goes to the prop . my question is where can i buy a brake block with 2 holes?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#4 ·
Unfortunately ... you have it plumbed incorrectly. :(

I believe that the source of your confusion is that your '64 was originally equipped with, and plumbed for, a single-outlet master cylinder.

Anyway, it's really very simple ... especially if your car is now front disk / rear drum brakes.

1.) The front outlet port on the m/cyl, and the 2 front outlets on the combo valve are for the front disk brakes.

2.) The rear outlet on the m/cyl as well as the 3rd outlet on the combo valve are used to send juice to the rear brakes.
It's recommended to plumb with 3/16" steel lines for the front, and 1/4" for the rear.

3.) You have 2 options when it comes to plumbing the front brakes.

3a.) Use BOTH of the front outlets, and run seperate, individual lines ... one to each of the front flex hoses.

3b.) Plug one of the outlets on the combo-valve, run a single line down to the frame level (higher than the level of the caliper, though.) and then TEE the line over to each of the flex hoses.

4.) You will plumb the rear with a single 1/4" steel line that runs from the combo valve to the rear flex hose. The rear hose uses a (usually built-in) tee to send the brake fluid to both rear wheel cylinders at the same time and pressure.

==============
I wasn't able to find the specific instructions for this on CPP's website, but was able to come up with a very similar, if not identical combination valve

#VL3360K

and instruction sheet on mpbrakes.com

#8 ·
Solo... maybe its just me, maybe its just the angle of the picture or maybe I am overly picky but the bends and the routing of the lines doesnt look to hot. It even looks like your front line has a kink in it ? maybe its just the lighting dont know... figured i would mentione it anyway.

#9 ·
lol its the angle of the pictures they make the lines look bend more then they are .each front left/right line has its own port and the rear drums is combine to one port by looking at the pictures you would think iam useing a tee to combine all the lines but thats not the case

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.