Hot Rod Forum banner

1965 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Crosley 
#1 ·
So... I've been thinking about this 65 Caddy for a week or so, and since the guy only wants 3,000 for it, and it's like-new..... I'm about ready to do some purchasing..

I just needed to stop by here first and ask.....

This car has a 429........ is it possible I might have to deal with a Slim Jim transmission?? Or did they not throw Slim Jim's on 429 cadillac engines?

Can't really find too much info about this on the internet, so here I am, asking the gearheads :)

My grandfather spoke to the guy while he was in California.... but never got a chance to check out which transmission it had. I'm praying for the TH400

#3 ·
So.. I spoke to the gentleman today....
The dash is cracked.... (what can u expect, even mine is cracked in my Monte Carlo)... big deal, right? get a dash mat.

And.... the ragtop can use re-doing.. which is expensive... but..... no big deal, get some cheap vinyl... and.... the interior... is like brand new, the back seat looks like no one's ever sat in it.. he says u can get this thing up to 140 and have no vibrations.. waterpump, radiator, hoses, whole cooling system redone.

sounds like a good steal for 3,000.. whatcha guys think?

He said it also needs a paint job but... I'm sure it only needs some clear coat, according to what my grandfather reported when he seen the car.

#4 ·
that is an answer only you can come up with.

I've paid prices for cars that some folks thought I was crazy...... it is a "I want it" thing with me..... possibly many others too

Fragzem said:
sounds like a good steal for 3,000.. whatcha guys think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.