1965 chevelle ss 454 swap (FUJIMO 2) - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2009, 06:57 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1965 chevelle ss 454 swap (FUJIMO 2)

My father had a maroon 1965 Chevelle (FUJIMO) from 1965 until 1969. He raced it around Edingburgh Texas. I recently purchased another one to give him a hobby. We have a seventies model big block 454 that is not stock but I have no idea what has been done to it. We would like it to be around 600 horsepower and have good torque as well. What would be the best combination of parts using 781 heads to accomplish this? Any idea of how quick this would be in a 3200 pound car. It will have a turbo 400, 3500 stall and a posi with 410 or 456 gears. I want to mini tub it and put some slicks on also.Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,
Fujimo 2

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2009, 06:18 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

To acheive your 600 hp goal,IMO,those 781 heads will need to be professionally ported,and maybe have a larger intake valve.You may be better off with a quality aftermarket head,such as AFR or Brodix.A big solid roller cam,top quality valve train & matching springs,10 or 11:1 compression ratio,2 inch primary tube headers,a good dual or single plane intake,at least an 800 cfm carb,or bigger.You may be better off with a stroker kit,and build a 496.You should be able to get into the 11's easily,possibly the high 10's.My 468 made 550 hp on whats considered a conservative dyno.I had my block align honed,bored & plate honed,the block was decked,the crank assembly was balanced.I am using the Brodix rectangular port Race Rite heads with the cnc polished combustion chambers,TRW pistons & 10:1 cr,custom ground solid roller cam,.650 lift,243/249 duration @ 0.050,112 lobe seperation angle,Weiand Stealth dual plane intake,Mighty Demon 800 carb and 2 inch Hooker headers.My one trip to the track last year,on street tires,I ran a 12.99 @ 112 mph,but this was launching it easy,and I still spun the tires almost all the way down the track,it didnt hook up till I shifted into 4th gear,and then I crossed the lights.My combo has a nice flat torque curve,(and lots of it LOL),and works good on the highway,gets 16 mpg.A more agressive cam and a single plane intake would probably put mine much closer to 600 hp,but maybe next time !!!
Guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.