Hot Rod Forum banner

1965 Chevelle SS Emergency Brake cable

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  73oldsman 
#1 ·
I am having trouble with the emergency brake cable hanging up on my recently acquired "65 SS. Is this common on the 65, if so, is there some trick to freeing up the cable so I can have and emergency brake that works?

#2 ·
:D

As a moderator here, I would like to WELCOME YOU to Hotrodders.com :welcome: :welcome:

I owned a 65 Chevelle SS and did not have any problems with the emergency brake....but then..It was a NEW Chevelle ....I bought one new in 1965 .... :D

I am not aware of that being a real trouble area for the Chevelles. It is very possible that some lubrication on the cable and the ratchet could fix your problem.
Again....WELCOME

Deuce

#3 ·
1965 Chevlle SS

Thanks for the replies. It appears that the E Brake pedal won't depress, I'm trying to find out if there is a cable that is stuck. I'm waiting for the shop manual, so I'm going to see if it's something obvious (don't we all wish for that!?)
Joebrake

#4 ·
65 Chevelle Parking Brake Assembly

to all,
I discovered my problem with the 65 Chevelle Parking brake.
It appears that the Parking Brake assembly gear is not engaging. Quite common to have the teeth be stripped.
So I'm looking for a used one (they don't re-pop them).
Anybody know of or have one?
thanks
Joebrake

#6 ·
parking brake assemble

Thanks for the help in locating a parking brake assembly for my 65 Chevelle. I found one in a local salvage yard.
Now it needs a little detailing and painting and it should be ready for the car!
thanks again for the leads, I'll file them for future use.
Joebrake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.