Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1965 GTO hard top, remove exterior trim
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
I just like to look at helping people with all different skill levels, you know what I mean? If someone is doing a nice driver at home, removing those mouldings may not be needed to reach their expectations while removing them may be out of their league and leaving them there though not perfect is much better than having them bent up without the place to get them repaired. Heck, I have seen them removed where they were simply not repairable. We know that we wouldn't do that but not everyone who reads these posts can do that. And not only the OP, who else comes along and reads this?

I think it's our responsibility to give all the advice needed for a home hobbiest to enjoy restoring his car, if that includes a warning to not do something, I feel it's appropriate as much as the best advice on how to do it properly. I remember how many of use pulled off the first set without damage? I know I didn't! I fixed it but bent it pulling it off. And I can fix them, I do stainless repair so it wasn't a big deal. But man o man they are not easy to get off without damage.

Brian