Hot Rod Forum banner

1966 buick skylark trans swap to a t-350?

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  joe_padavano 
#1 ·
:) i have a 1966 buick skylark with the 340 motor and i have a powerglide or what ever they came with and i was wondering if the turbo 350 buick trans will bolt right in

#3 ·
sean collins said:
:) i have a 1966 buick skylark with the 340 motor and i have a powerglide or what ever they came with and i was wondering if the turbo 350 buick trans will bolt right in

t-350 BOP case style will bolt in. t-350 Converter will bolt up

You will need to modifiy the shift linkage... check with http://www.shiftworks.com/ for help

You will need to add a vacuum line from manifold(intake) to the modulator on the t-350.

Cross member may need a relocation slightly..

:cool:

#4 ·
Crosley said:
t-350 BOP case style will bolt in. t-350 Converter will bolt up

You will need to modifiy the shift linkage... check with http://www.shiftworks.com/ for help

You will need to add a vacuum line from manifold(intake) to the modulator on the t-350.

Cross member may need a relocation slightly..

:cool:
Actually, this is almost a complete bolt-in. Your ST300 (not a Powerglide, by the way) and the TH350 are exactly the same length, have the same crossmember location, and have the same output shaft splines. The cooler lines should mate right up. The current shift linkage will work, but you won't be able to get into low. See the link above for a new shift quadrant.

The one potential problem is the kickdown cable. The ST300 uses an electric kickdown, the TH350 uses a cable. On the 69-up A-body cars, the cable was routed through the firewall to the accelerator pedal. Your 66 has a different pedal arrangement. An easier choice might be to find the cable and carb bracket from a mid-70s GM full size with TH350. These cars used a slightly different cable that fit into a bracket on the back two carb bolts and operated directly off the throttle arm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.