1966 ford galaxie 500 wheels - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2012, 08:50 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1966 ford galaxie 500 wheels

I am in the process of rebuilding a 1966 ford galaxie 500. I have 2 steel wheels that appear original and 2 that are obviously not. I have a set of 4 steel wheels off of a '64 galaxie parts car that look similar. My question is, was there a difference in the factory steel wheels from 64 -66. All the measurements appear to be similar. Thanks for your help. Marc

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgodfr
I am in the process of rebuilding a 1966 ford galaxie 500. I have 2 steel wheels that appear original and 2 that are obviously not. I have a set of 4 steel wheels off of a '64 galaxie parts car that look similar. My question is, was there a difference in the factory steel wheels from 64 -66. All the measurements appear to be similar. Thanks for your help. Marc
dont think there was any difference, but re~ck the width,back~spacing,you should be good if the same....know anyone looking for a 67 fairlane gt w/390.manual shift(3spd) p/s,&pdb. fellow in my neighborhood has one
Old 06-16-2012, 11:25 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbuhg
dont think there was any difference, but re~ck the width,back~spacing,you should be good if the same....know anyone looking for a 67 fairlane gt w/390.manual shift(3spd) p/s,&pdb. fellow in my neighborhood has one
How much, condition and where is the car at?
Old 06-17-2012, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp246
How much, condition and where is the car at?
I dont know how much,the car is in Marietta,Ga.(25-30 miles from Atlanta) It has some rust, a fair amount of surface rust.but the biggest areas are the quarters as you can expect.but with my limited knowledge,its possible it will only need patch panels.(?)manual trans,shifter in factory console shows 3 spd on the shifter knob (strange for a 390,4bbl motor) has all of the GT badges,ie deck lid,fenders,glove box,steering wheel,etc.power steering,power disc brakes.holley carb that looks correct,bumpers straight,but needs re~chroming.all exterior trim is there,needs refurbishing or replacement.still has original wheels & wheel covers.paint is green,no stripes.2 hood bulges with 390 badges on them.I will be glad to send you the CD of the pics when I can get them.Its possible to get the car for a decent price,instead of Barret/Jackson $$$$..the poor guy just lost his job,going through divorce.also has factory chrome valve covers but are rusted bad.If you are still interested .please send me your email,or phone #as Im 85% deaf & you'll have to text me for more info.hope this answers your questions OK
Old 06-23-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbuhg
I dont know how much,the car is in Marietta,Ga.(25-30 miles from Atlanta) It has some rust, a fair amount of surface rust.but the biggest areas are the quarters as you can expect.but with my limited knowledge,its possible it will only need patch panels.(?)manual trans,shifter in factory console shows 3 spd on the shifter knob (strange for a 390,4bbl motor) has all of the GT badges,ie deck lid,fenders,glove box,steering wheel,etc.power steering,power disc brakes.holley carb that looks correct,bumpers straight,but needs re~chroming.all exterior trim is there,needs refurbishing or replacement.still has original wheels & wheel covers.paint is green,no stripes.2 hood bulges with 390 badges on them.I will be glad to send you the CD of the pics when I can get them.Its possible to get the car for a decent price,instead of Barret/Jackson $$$$..the poor guy just lost his job,going through divorce.also has factory chrome valve covers but are rusted bad.If you are still interested .please send me your email,or phone #as Im 85% deaf & you'll have to text me for more info.hope this answers your questions OK
hi...have you received my email to your personal mail, if not I may not have done it right, with me its highly possible..LOL I do need to correct something I posted earlier,,--It does have factory stripes along rocker panels,sorry my bad,my memory is shot to you know where !

Last edited by ronbuhg; 06-23-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.