Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1966 Mustang Unibody Straightening
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:16 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

1966 Mustang Unibody Straightening

I've owned this car for almost 20 years now. About 10 years ago I pulled it off the road to replace the gas tank as I was tired of cleaning the fuel filter 2 miles down the road from the gas station.

I pulled the tank, saw the rotten frame rails and decided to replace them. While replacing those one at a time I realized I should replace the trunk floor. I replaced the rear frame rail but only re aligned them to the Sam place on the tread trunk floor. Once I tried to get the trunk floor sides back in I saw that the original frame rails, trunk floor was torqued. Nothing lined up as expected.

It really should have been put on a frame rack before I started cutting and welding. After further investigation, it looks as if it was T Boned at one point and reassembled to be cosmetically correct.

Is it too late to have it straightened? Not sure if its worth the expense. While I've owned it a long time, it's only a 6cyl coupe.

Ideas? Thoughts?