Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1966 nova alignment issue
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

66 nova alignment

FunkyNova66

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 66 Chevy II sedan (sold)

Thanks Super Sport. Great torque spec info for the front end parts! The alignment specs are different from the chevy II only specs that used to be up. Looks like they redisigned their website.. ...Does anyone else have some front end specs they would like to share. I used to have a nice long thread regarding alignment specs and people's opinion over them conflicting. I believe it was deleted.
here are specs i researched note the toe in is total toe in..you divide in half for each side
Anyone want to add their 2 cents here?

SERVICE MANUAL
SECTION 14 SPECS

ALIGNMENT SPECS:
CONDITIONS: Curb weight, full tank of gasoline, full radiator, proper engine oil level, proper tire pressure level, and no passenger. heights not held.

CAMBER: -1/4 deg, +- 1/2 deg within 1/2 deg from side to side
CASTER: -1 deg, +- 1/2 deg within 1/2 deg from side to side
TOE IN: 3/16" to 5/16" total

Does this sound correct guys? Does anyone have the specs ChevyIIonly used to have posted before they went and changed their website????

Proper alignment is my #1 priority. These cars become very unstable at high speeds with incorrect alignments.

With this said...I plan to beat this thread to death until I feel I have consensus among fellow board members. Nothing is more confusing and frustrating than having different sources for alignment specs which conflict one another.

Please...carry on.