Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1966 pontiac bonneville...400?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 09:47 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

dual quads and lopey idle does not make the car fast or fun to drive.I mean no insults but,if you are not a gear head dont use 2 carbs. If you want the look and the fun first,consider hiring someone to do the work.

I have an idea that might give you the cool factor you want. You will have to do the research yourself,,,,
1984 corvette had what looked like dual 4s but was actually dual fuel injection(2 throttle bodies) edelbrock makes a conversion where fuel injectors are drilled and tapped in the individual runners and the throttle bodies are converted to dry,,,air control only.
you could do this same thing except convert the low rise dual 4 intake for a pontiac and use the corvette style bodies ( look like carbs under an air cleaner).Talk to latech about a "small" camshaft for sound,use full 3 inch exhaust and enjoy driving a modern ish fuel injected cool sounding car that performs well.

If you want serious power,then you will need more items.imo,I think thats enough for a daily driver and the fi will perk up the low end