Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1967 Chevy truck title
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 09:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I did some checking with the dmv here in Pa they told me if the vehical was ever registered in pa it had to have a title. The guy we bear hunting/deer hunting this week so I didnt get the chance to talk to him I went to the truck and it doent have a inspection sticker and the license plate only has a 1967 tag on it, I tried to do one of those car history reports but in doesnt have enough numbers in the vin for it to work. The lady at the dmv said it was illeagle for the auction to sell the vehical without a title I asked what is my recouse she said to find the executor of the estate and have them apply for a lost title which I will try but its been around 20 years since the sale so I would need to be lucky to get it done and if they dont respond they can be sued by the purchaser. I could try one of those lost title places but Ill need to ask if Pa accepts those or it can find another truck I could "transfer the parts" to that one. I just think its a shame to part out a truck with 50,000 miles on it I have a feeling if I dont buy it that is what the guy will do..