Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1967 Chevy truck title
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 01:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have done a bit more checking on it I spoke to california dmv they said the truck would have had a title when registerd in the state but it will not show up in their records because they clear them after 5 years of no registration if I sent certion paperwork in they said they will send me back confirmation the title does not exist in california records. She checked the vin and said it isnt in their system. I contacted padot and did asked if there is record of it they will not tell me unless I submit a noterized request on a form they have so I am doing that this afternoon I dont think it was registered in Pa the plate on it was put on by the currenty owner its meaningless just for looks. Pa has stated to me two times they will not issue a registration unless there is a title not a letter of title but a title. So if the title truely doesnt exist in Pa the truck basically has no title... I contacted my state rep and asked the questions they said I must contact the court of common pleas and go through the court system to have a new title originated. I contacted the court and they said you must have a lawyer pick up the form and handle the case. I doubt the truck is worth the purchase price plus the legal fees. I have a few more far fetch ideas to try but it is quickly becoming appearant why some people just switch the vins from a junk truck with a title.