Hot Rod Forum banner

1967 firebird - camaro conversion

10K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  67RS amsing 
#1 ·
I have a REALLY rusted out firebird, missing engine, wreaked vinyl top. I want to know if I can order camaro body panels and put them on when I replace the firebirds panels. I will also have to replace the lower quarterpanels so if anyone has experience with this type of car let me know if this is possible.

#2 ·
really. why ruin a restorable firebird? Yes the same year panel will fit, you are going to get nickled and dimed to death if you don't have a donor car, bumper brackets, all of front end pieces, another thing it will forever be a firebird. period. your title will always read firebird, hint if you get pulled over and you have a officer who knows what he is looking at
you might have a lengthy stop.Most camaro nuts
just perfer to put a chevy motor in a firebird
(Like Canada, did factory)Good luck on your endevers. By the way a firebird has always been a bump above a camaro really . John Delorean is responsible for the firebird. better suspension,
more detail inside,deluxe door panels, and out,wheel well chrome, they were solid about there own power plant.250 OHC, 326, 350,
389,400,421,428,455.Didn't meen to tick anyone off but books show and explain GM's position back then. hope this helps. If you need any help on your project, just ask. Goldmark a good sorce of sheetmetal

#3 ·
Originally posted by Johnny Bravo:
<strong>I have a REALLY rusted out firebird, missing engine, wreaked vinyl top. I want to know if I can order camaro body panels and put them on when I replace the firebirds panels. I will also have to replace the lower quarterpanels so if anyone has experience with this type of car let me know if this is possible.</strong><hr></blockquote>

There is an add #1310 you mite be interested in. If you want to see all the parts just e-mail. You'll find out how in that add.

#4 ·
Does anybody know anything about this?????

I have the same situation where the guy I bought it from did the conversion between a rear end damage camaro and front damage firebird.....Long story short.....I have the best of both worlds the whole suspension rearend etc of the Firebird 400 and the front clip, engine and tranny of the camaro. I have rust in all four corners and I need new quarters front and rear.........

I'm doing a frame off with disk brakes, coilovers, the original 327 and a power glide for now....In the disk brakes area I was wondering where to buy good drop spindles, brakes system(everything) tubular A-arms, and stablizer........Preferrably I want to get this fron the same place, but if not do companies have compatable systems like Heidts and MPBrakes? I was thinking suspension components from Heidts and Brakes from MP......What do you guys think?

Thanks

SA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.