Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1967 Nova Vortec I6 swap
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Got Ouzo for touzo

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

1967 Nova Vortec I6 swap

For quite some time now I have been struggling with what mill I would like to power my Nova project.

I have thrown around the idea of running a period correct inline 6 (have not givin' up on that yet) and of course a SBC as I am their biggest fan and have a few around the shop but I have just recently come across '03 Envoy that was rolled. I can get the truck really cheap and have a complete running Vortec 4200 with computer and related parts. As well I could possibly use the tranny, would probably use my Muncie 4 speed thats been sitting waiting for this project if possible.

I am really into this for a few reasons, decent power at 275hp, reliable, fairly efficient and as GM keeps using these engines more and more high performance parts will come out. I have a evil little street machine already, and would like a better grocery getter.

The problem with this is I really have no clue when it comes to the new computer controlled engines. I am more than willing to learn. Any suggestions on books, write-ups on here, or tech info from one of those more knowledged in this area than myself.

What will I need to salvage from the Envoy, once I have the parts and peices is the process mostly plug and play? Any problems I will run into. Any info would be appreciated.

bonuts

Last edited by bonuts; 10-01-2010 at 12:27 AM.