Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1967 Poncho Tire/Wheel Selection
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 12:18 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1967 Poncho Tire/Wheel Selection

Hey folks!
I plan on re doing my suspension on my 67' bird to the Hotchkis TVS Sport Lowering Suspension off of Summitracing.com. Well I figured if I was going to redo my suspension I might as well convert my brake system as well to front and rear disc brakes from Wilwood. Then I run into the issue of wheels. With the upgraded rotors and calipers my current 15 inch Weld wheels and rubber won't support the diameter of the upgraded brake system.

Which now I am looking at a set of 18 inch wheels from Centerline and I am trying to figure out with width (18x7 18x8 front 18x8 18x9.5 rear)and the backspacing. All with keeping in mind what size rubber to wrap around the rims.

I guess what my question is if there is anyone who either has or knows someone that has a similar configuration on there old Firebird or Camaro. I am looking for that low profile aggressive look. I would like to put the widest rims I can fit under the vehicle for that deep look but trying to avoid having the tires and rims protruding from the vehicle.

Thanks for your help!
Brandon