1968 camaro questions - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Differential/Driveline

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryejs
Lol ya im deff not afrade of a project lol i know its deffinately a major overhall and il spend alot of time on it but that doesnt scare me its kinda a father and son dream to fix up a 60s camaro and build a big block motor for it making it all our own i really wana start with one less than 2500 sooo that limits part of my options but then i live in illinois and i dont want to travel very far away so that really limits it down thats really my big prob.
Will the quarters need to be replaced or can they be fixed?
How's the rear Frame rails?
How's the Rust around the front and rear window channels?
Check the body where the subframe bolts to it and make sure its not rotted away.
Check the spot on the body where the rear shock is and make sure its not rotted away.
Check the spot where the front of the leaf spring is mounted.

You really need to make sure the main structure can be reused. Frame rails are not too bad to replace.But the other stuff listed is a real pain and sometimes not fixable.

If those are in good shape that car would be snatched up fast in my neck of the woods. I've seen them bring 4k to 4.5k. I'd offer him 1500 /1800 cash and see if he jumps. A father and son project is priceless! But do keep in mind you won't make any money if you sell the car.

Another thing to keep in mind.. If you save up a little more money and look for a project that someone has started on and lost interest,you can save some money in the long run.

Advertisement

Last edited by prostreet6t9; 07-09-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.