Hot Rod Forum banner

1968 chevy camero

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 ·
I also need the best part shops in the L.A./ Long beach, ca area for cameros. Thanks

#4 ·
I just checked and even a quick search of "Camero parts" gave me 447,000 hits. While "Camaro parts" yielded 1,310,000

So yes guys, correctly spelling the name does help a lot.

Kritter, what kind of parts are you looking for? Most drive train and suspension rebuild stuff can be had at any REAL parts store (not your Pep boys or Kragen "McParts" stores) the store in town where the real auto repair places go. These are usually not well advertised and most people out of the business don't even know they exist. Here where I live I have a parts store that does about 75% of the business in town with all the real repair shops around the area. This store has twice the stock of any "McParts" store in town. Then there is another REAL parts store, much smaller, and STILL a better store than one of the McParts stores. There is a NAPA which is still better than a McParts store but NAPA stores are morphing into a McParts store over the years and soon that is all it will be. They service about 20% of the REAL auto repair shops in the area, the last five percent if even that big are shops who would go to a McParts store. Most self respecting auto mechanics wouldn't be seen in a McParts store. Yet that is what most people out of the business know about auto parts and where to get them.
Honestly, most home hobbyists or people just trying to maintain their cars for their family follow the national advertising of the McParts stores and run to them when right down the street is a REAL parts store who is a THOUSAND TIMES better. My REAL parts store in town, it had brake shoes, master cylinder, wheel cylinder and brake light switch IN STOCK for my 1959 Rambler! I walked in, bought them and walked out! Try that at a McParts store!

Ok, so we have general overhaul and maintenance of the drive train of your Camaro covered. Find the REAL parts stores in your area, the ones where all the shops go, and you will find most of what you need there.

Body parts and 1968 Camaro only parts. Listen, Craigs list and mail order places are all you are going to have realistically. Year one (click here) is probably one of the best. I have bought a number of parts from them for my 65 Buick. Unless it is a different one I bought parts 25 years ago for my 1968 Camaro from Rick's Camaros (click here) and they treated me right.

The Team Camaro (click here) is the BEST forum for your car on the net by leaps and bounds in my opinion. This is the best well rounded hotrod site you will visit but for Camaro talk, Team Camaro is the place.

Good luck with your car, you have a very special version of the American classic car.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.