Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1968 gto 400 build questions
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 03:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

i want it to be a fun street car that will go to the track a couple of times a year, i will put drag radials on the back, just in case i run into a new mustang or camaro on the street, the new cars are pretty quick, and i want this to at least be able to run w/ some of them. i know goals need to be kept realistic, though. incidentally, the tremec resides behind this engine in my '69 camaro convertible, i built everything rite down to the headers, all the turbo parts are based off an ebay kit, did it 3 years ago, car runs low 10's fairly easily, i am putting a 4l80e in the camaro and putting the tremec in the gto. it is nice to know that there are people out there willing to help w/ this project, as i am a lil lost w/ the pontiac- i've worked on chevys for a long time, so thank you all. i think i am going to keep the stock crank, put a good set of rods in it, and figure out the pistons/compression/heads with help from you guys. is there any info available on porting #48 heads? here is a pic of the camaro engine