Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1968 Nova SS is about to end its Life
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 05:47 AM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by poncho62
Sounds like an "old wives tale" to me..............a few pictures of it may convince me to change my mind.

Besides, the wrecking yard guy knows what it's worth...he would have it parted out long before it's crushed.
Don't bet on the wrecking yard guy knowing what he has, a lot of these guys just see this stuff as so many cents per pound............

There was yard near me with hundreds of 50's and 60's cars and most were driven in from the owner's used car lot after they sat so long without selling. Due to some legal issues they closed the yard about 20 years ago and couldn't sell so much as a lug nut. Even after they were free to sell again they remained closed. About 5 years ago they crushed EVERY single car!!! '55-'56 Crown Victorias, a rust free '64 GTO sedan, '55-'57 Chevy's, T-Bird's, Chevy II's, retractable hardtop Fairlanes, Hudson Hornets, Studebakers, you name it. There were also several 30's and 40's cars in nice shape as well. Gone forever because the owner didn't want to "mess with that old crap anymore". I'm trying to find pictures of it in it's heyday but ask just about anybody in Western Illinois about Henderson's Junkyard on IL Rt. 94 just North of Aledo, IL. They'll tell you the same thing.