Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1968 Nova SS is about to end its Life
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 04:39 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Your biggest problem appears to be the yard guy. The miles of bureaucracy can be over-come if you have the patience and document everything.

In the early '70's I was stationed in Memphis TN. Just across the line in Mississippi there was a bone yard that had a lot of unusual stuff. I bought a '60 Chev sedan delivery body on a rolling chassis....no engine, but I got a bill of sale. Towed it home to Memphis.
My folks lived in NC and were selling a '59 Chev w/ 283 at ps pb. Looked like a good match to me. Bought the car, had dad give me a bill of sale with VIN and engine numbers. Drove it to TN, took out what I needed and sold the rest to a local yard. I got a reciept from the yard although the guy balked a little.
Then "Uncle Sam" transfered me to South Carolina where the car was finally finished. Fortunately I had established a "paper-trail" from Miss.,TN.,NC., and when it came time to register/title the car all they did was send a State Trooper to the house to verify the papers, and ascertain that the car was safe to drive. I had to fill out another paper and have it notarized, send it and a few dollars to the DMV and they assigned me a new VIN.

I said all that to say if you can get the Nova away from the yard-man, the rest can be overcome with time.

Are you sure he wasn't just jerking your chain? I'd keep an eye on it and see if it moves. If nothing else, and if it's worth it, I'd buy it like Johnny Cash........one piece at a time.